Wooden Door Locksmith
I can replace, upgrade, repair or service most locks that are fitted to wooden and timber doors in around Ipswich and Suffolk. I have fully stocked van with spares for most types of BS3621 Yale locks and their equivalents. I can also upgrade your wooden door locks to be insurance compliant to the BS 3621 standard. I also offer an on site key cutting service for additional spare keys.
About half of the houses in Suffolk have wooden front doors and these are mostly residential, although there are several offices with wooden doors in some of the older traditional buildings in Ipswich and Felixstowe. Wooden doors are generally fitted with traditional style locks which are usually mortice, rim cylinder locks and night-latches. Some older wooden doors have also been retrofitted with modern smart and digital locks around the town.
The most general types of locks fitted to wooden doors in our region are:
- Mortice DeadLocks – found on front doors in combination with night-latches. Most insurance companies require that these should be five lever or carry a Kite Mark to BS3621
- Mortice Latches – Usually found on internal doors
- Rim Locks – Usually found on older houses and they can be deadlocks or sash locks
- Euro Sashlock – Found on exterior doors, usually back doors or on industrial units. Has both a deadbolt and a handle operated latch
- Rim Night Latch – Usually found on the exterior doors of properties
- Yale Nightlatch – these locks are a popular choice for front door locks available in BS361 for insurance purposes.
If you require advice on which is the best lock to fit to your wooden door or need a lock upgrade then call today for help and a trusted and experienced local locksmith service
BS3621 Wooden Door Locks
BS3621 Wooden Door Locks have undergone strenuous testing to become Kite Marked. A BS3621 lock will need to pass following standards:
- At least a 20mm protruding bolt tested for extreme force/shock loading
- Hardened Steel Pins to protect against cutting
- Harder Steel Plate Surround to protect against drilling
- Anti Picking Features
- At least 5-levers
- Steel Boxed in frame to resist attacks
- At least 1000 different key combinations
I have a great deal of pride in providing a genuine and professional locksmith service to my customers and my many reviews attest to how I value giving good customer service. I can often be seen buzzing about the town in my van on the way to rescue someone who has locked themselves out or needs a new lock fitted and I have built a loyal customer following over the years. Over 95% of my customers come back to me with repeat business which is great, because it means I have built a relationship with them built on trust and quality service.
I have also over the years provided locksmith services for many local businesses, including businesses like John Grose, East Anglian Gunsmiths, Revolution and many smaller local retailers and commercial enterprises.